Friday, June 25, 2010

Wall Art



                                  Happy Friday Everyone!

Today I have another unusual project to share with you.
Its an unfinshed wooden item, infact it's
two unfinished wooden items.



close ups of each stamp








Name of the Beauty Shop added
"Abby Gale's"




The Scissors are from Hobby Lobby and I painted them with
black acrylic paint.The frame is from Michaels, I covered it in
Graphic 45 paper both the sides and the background. I
then stamped four images from Hampton Arts stamps, that
 I also got at Michaels. Oh do I love those stamps! I used
 Distress inks and black EP. The ribbon and brads are from SU.
The beads and buttons are unknown from my stash. The
black pearls on the Scissors are from Archivers,I hand drew
flourishes to fit in the space and then used crystal
effects to glue them on. The picture sure does not do
 it justice. I took several photos in several different settings
and only this one came even remotely close to what
 it really looks like. LOL A photographer I am not!!!
 But hope you get the idea. I am hoping to sell this
 to the beauty shop where I get my hair done.
Hope you have been inspired by my art work
to try another medium to work with. I have several
more wooden items to play with so stay tuned LOL.




2 comments:

  1. This turned out AMAZING and I have to say I like how you decided to "finish it". Having the frame hanging from the scissors with ribbons is perfect! The shop owner is going to LOVE it!! I know I do!! Well done girlfriend! As you know, I am in AWE of your talents! Thanks for sharing & inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lana, this is fantastic. What a perfect wall hanging for a beauty salon. Good thinking.
    I love everything about it!! The scissor idea is excellent. You are so creative!!!

    ReplyDelete