Tuesday, February 16, 2010

ODBD Challenge

Last night I decided to do another challenge, this
one from one of my favorite on-line stamp stores,
          Our Daily Bread Designs.
This challenge was to use their stamp
 "Footprints in the Sand" and to put buttons on it. Wow! Was that hard for me to do, but here is what I ended up with. I used the Footprints in the Sand stamp ,then colored it with prismacolor pencils and gamsol, some distress inks, and several layers of CS. I also used magic mesh from SU, and some black grosgrain ribbon for the cross. The sea shells my grandchildren brought me from Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. The metal "HOPE" tag is an old one from Michaels. Now for the button LOL surprise, it is the wooden heart on the cross that is an actual button, I outlined it with my copper glaze pen. So there you have it.
 Thanks for stopping by and visiting awhile. I hope you will share my new blog with your friends. Please share your comments and critiques, I love hearing from you!
Have a wonderful day hope to see you soon!
God bless
Lana

4 comments:

  1. Your work is so inspiring! Love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely beautiful!! Love what you've done here! I have blog candy on MY BLOG ... go check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lana, this is gorgeous and so beautifully colored and detailed! Love the shells and mesh embellishments. Love, too, how you made a cross out the ribbon! Beautifully done! Thanks so much for playing Stamping In Time!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lana, I didn't know you had a blog!! How cool! And so is your card, very cool! Love your sand coloring!!Love your blinkie!!!

    ReplyDelete